The following guide will walk you through the steps for enabling the integration between Kochava and Bidalgo.
Step 1 - Basic Kochava Configuration
- Log in to the Kochava dashboard.
- Create the following :
Step 2 - Creating a Tracker
- Select Segment Tools > Add a Tracker.
- Enter a Tracker Name.
- Select Tracker Type > 3rd Party Tracking and select Bidalgo - Pinterest - Android or Bidalgo - Pinterest - IOS .
- Copy the Campaign ID (note what this is, as you’ll need to use it in postback configuration).
- Note down the Click& Impression URLs and provide it to Bidalgo.
Step 3 - Configure Postbacks
Kochava-certified postbacks allow Kochava users to send a realtime feed of installs and in-app events to a Kochava-certified partner. The endpoints and parameters included in these postbacks are defined within the integration, and managed by Kochava in conjunction with each specific partner. The Kochava-certified postback is the easiest way to establish a postback and should be used as the default method for this process.
To configure postbacks:
- Navigate to the desired app.
- Select App Tools>Partner Configuration.
- Click Add a Configuration
- Select Network Partner - Bidalgo and click Go.
Step 3.1 - Install Postback
Install event does not require any configuration in the SDK.
- To configure an install event postback, click Install > Postback Tools > Edit.
- Enter the following:
- Pinterest App ID: Your Pinterest App ID.
- Is Purchase Event : uncheck
- Pass revenue Value : uncheck
- Mob Channel ID: Should be in the following format - <Company Name>_<App Name>_Platform_Pinterest. For example, Bidalgo_AppMaster_Android_Pinterest.
- Delivery Delay: We recommend leaving this as Realtime Delivery (the default).
- Retry Attempts: We recommend leaving this as 3 Attempts (the default).
- Click Save.
Event Association Lookback window.
The Event Association Lookback determines the time frame that Kochava will associate a post-install event with an attributed install. The Event Association Lookback window can be set from one minute up to 365 days, or an unlimited (by default) amount of time.
Example USE CASE: An advertiser has a specific time frame in which they require a network to have an attributed install and post-install event in order to obtain payment. The Event Association Lookback window provides the tool to specifically track the installs and post-install events that fall within the desired time frame.
Step 3.2 - Purchase Postback
- Select the In App Purchase Event, and click Edit.
- Follow the same instructions as for Install Eventjust make sure that the following fields are checked
- Is Purchase Event: check
- Pass revenue Value : check
If you are unable to locate the event in Kochava, please follow the instructions on adding purchase events in the SDK.
- To do so, navigate to: https://support.kochava.com/sdk-integration, and select your platform.
- Look for Events From there you can add purchase events.
Step 3.3 - Custom Events Postbacks
We recommend adding the following events:
- 2nd/7th/30 day retention: This is important in order to track whether the user returns to the app. This could help predict the app’s future value and churn rate.
- Facebook Login: Shows whether the user logged in to the app with Facebook.
- Level Achieved: Shows which level the user is on.
- Complete Tutorial: Shows whether the user completed the tutorial.